Wood Badge is designed to meet the advanced leadership needs of all Scouters, particularly Cub Leaders, Scoutmasters and Assistants, Venturing Crew Advisors, and other unit, district, and council Scouters.
How do I qualify? To qualify, you must:
1. Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
2. Have not previously attended a Wood Badge for the 21st Century course.
3. Have completed the basic training courses for your Scouting position. This includes New Leader Essentials and Leader Specific Training for unit level leaders and Commissioner Basic Training for Commissioners. (Previous versions of leader training courses are acceptable.)
4. Have completed the outdoor skills program if there is one appropriate for your Scouting position. Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills is required for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters.
5. Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment.
6. Have successfully completed a BSA Health and Medical Record Parts A,B & C prior to the start of the course.